Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i'm quite a begginer with my brand new used barco 701 data :)

Issue is :

when i have a NTSC DVD on my player connected to the 701 with a s video cable the picture is Ok i have the color. But when the DVD is PAL the picture is in Black & White. I don't know why because the 701 should calibrate automaticly when it detects the proper signal no ?

Do you have any idea on this issue ?

Thanks

David

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yes the Barco should be able to handle PAL. First question though is your DVD player capable of outputing PAL correctly? Some players just don't like some projectors. My (fromer) Barco 1208 would not work with the component out of my cheap Cyberhome DVD player. I worked fine with three other DVD model though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, because it is a zone 2 DVD. my DVD player is a Pioneer 747 so it shoud work with this one because i've already tested a 701 with my DVD player.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does the composite input display PAL correctly? Also have you zeroed out all the preset memory blocks I don't think they would cause a problem but I doesn't hurt. Also can you borrow another PAL DVD player or othe PAL source to see if that works with your 701.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi i have no way for testing the composite input (no cable no BNC adapter). I have another PAL source (Xbox) and this source is still black too.

David

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i tested the composite input too and i still have black and white image.

Do you think that my Pal decoder is out of order ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

so now i'm sure this is coming from the PAL decoder.

and for sure i'm using the YUV output from the DVD player and from the xbox. And i will not looking for soccer game on tv, too bad but the most important is to have a good output for whatching a movie.

thank you all for your help

David

·
Registered
330 Posts
i must tell you that you are missing a great deal from your barco feeding it svhs. you need a scaler or line doubler or rgb converter to feed your tv to the projector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.