AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new BD 800 with only 4400 hours. I have it completely setup and statically converged. My only problem is that everything has a green tint to it (clouds look green and so does everything else). I've tried increasing both the white and black balances for the red and blue but it doesnt seem to help. I've also tried playing with the Brightness, Contrast, Tint, and Color settings. None of these seem to change the intensity of the Green CRT. I'm new to this so there might be something that I am missing. If you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
With the brightness turned down, does the green gun still light up? You may need to adjust G2. That is a little green knob on the side of the unit (with the cover off.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That definetly helped out quite a bit.... Thanks

Does anyone have any Barco specific tips for correctly calibrating the colors for this device...... I just can't seem to get it right. Images still don't look anywhere near lifelike.

I don't have my projector connected to a PC so I would only be able to use the internal test patterns or something on DVD.... I was looking at possibly buying the Discwasher DVD performance kit... does anyone here reccomend it

Any help is greatly appreciated... thanks

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Make sure your G2's are all correct as follows:

Does your unit have colour temp controls in the menus? If yes, write down the values and set these all to midpoint (50).

(1) Feed the projector a black signal (0 ire) from Avia or video essentials (you need one of these two).

(2) set contrast to 0, brightness to 50.

(3) adjust g2 for each gun until the raster JUST appears. Make all 3 the same.

Now use the rest of Avia to set contrast and brightness properly.

Now you're ready to get someone with a colorimiter to properly do the grey scale by adjusting the colour temps. No easy way to do this by eye unless you're an ISF'er who's done this hundreds of times before.

Kall

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kal,

Thank you so much.... That's exactly what I was looking for!!!

I actually ordered Video Essentials about 3 days ago, so I should be getting it soon. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.