AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do get the raster to light up, but I get no text or information displayed. I tried swaping all the slide in boards, but there was no change. Can anyone narrow this down for me. I'm going to swap the controller and whatever else I can think of.

Thanks

Deron

·
Registered
548 Posts
Deronmoped, can you give us more info?

Do you get processor cycles light blinking?

Does it respond to commands from the remote?

Have you tried powering up with no input to get the big red border and green text BARCO screen?

Since the problem has not followed any boards you swapped, and you can light up the raster, I am thinking the controller as well.

One last ?, All the yellow leds lit on the side?

Garrick

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garrick

All the yellow LED's are lit. The remote does seem to work. It will turn the PJ on and off, if I try pushing a source buttons (1-9) it changes the raster size. The pause button will light up the pause LED on the controller. The processor LED will light when I hit any button. None of the other buttons on remote make any changes (brightness, contrast... all stay the same). I tried it with no imput and no Barco on the screen. The only remote I have is the onboard one if that makes a differance.

Thanks

Deron

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had the same problem with one of mine and it turned out to be the EHT. I have another BG800 that I just tried to power up yesterday and it does the same thing. I'm going to try to swap the EHT out tomorrow. I'll let you know, but that is probably the cause. The EHT module is next to the remote mounted on the back of the Card Rack. Hope this helps...Steve.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried switching the EHT and the controller, still no change. What is there left to change out?

Thanks

Deron

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I hook up my HTPC to the PJ , the amount of scan lines will increase, but it shows no image just a square raster. It seems so close to projecting an image but nothing.

I also noticed that the smaller board that is mated on top of the board with the ABL switch has a male plug with no female connector and cable going into it. It is next to two other plugs, but they are connected.

Does anybody have a top picture of the 800's guts?

Thanks

Deron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.