AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so used to running doublers and video processors that pretty much eliminate Barco 800's issues with Macrovision that I feel like a newbie right now.

When I'm setting up and tinkering with an 800 I use Video Essentials (no Macrovision) directly fed from a DVD player - works great. I know the 800's can't handle Macrovision so if I want to run a movie I think I used to just hook up a Sima ColorCorrector in series but its been a while. I've been trying that today and just can't get it to work that way. Any ideas?

I normally would just hook up my spare original DVDO and run doubled video at this point, but this particular friend of mine who's projector I'm trying to fix only runs straight video. He only watches TV so far though, no Macrovision protected products just yet, but I know its coming. I'd just run with an RGB input but one of the things that failed on him were his composite and s-video inputs on the input switch board and I want to put a few hours on them before I give it back to him.

Not that this is the course I wish to take, I seem to recall someone coming up with a mod to the projector that eliminated the Macrovision problem, but could not find it.

Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.