AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new proud owner of a Barco Data 800 - my first CRT.

I can get SVHS no problem, but trying to get the PC to work is proving more tricky.

I can only get the image to stop scrolling by setting the vertical linearity to 5% giving me a hideously distorted image - tiny legs and huge heads.

I have the PC connected directly to the BD800 with a VGA to 5 BNC lead, I have tried both synch leads T'd into the composite socket and it makes little difference.

Graphics card is an ATI all-in-Wonder (for now) and Ive just downloaded Powerstrip.

V&H Sync are set negative in the driver and Powerstrip.

I can get an image at 640x480; 800x600, and 1024x768, but it seems impossible to locate it properly. The image just scrolls from top to bottom. The faster the refresh rate, the faster the image scrolls down the screen, although I see an image up to 75Hz.

Please tell me that Ive missed something obvious and that I havent just bought a duffer.

·
Registered
548 Posts
desmo, Have you tried blowing away all the non-used memory blocks? What about going into the setup screen and playing with the internal test patterns? First try internal, then try the one that is sync'd with the input. It is possible to have a bad RGBHV cable right out of the box. It is also possible to mix up H and V syncs as well

If Svideo works, the pj is probably ok IMO.

Good luck!

-Garrick

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
If you look at the vertical board (third one from the left as looking from teh back when floor mounted) there are two blue trimpots that should have a yellow round sticky covering them to avoid tampering.

In true quasi tech mode (!), remove the tamper proof tape and turn these pots. One is a vertical hold control that sometimes drifts. I cannot remember what the other one does...:) Put the one that does nothing back to the position that you found it in.

That should cure the vertical hold problem. I have had a few of these needing adjustment in the last few weeks.

Curt

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a similar problem with a BarvoData 708 (cine7).

I normally T the sync signals ito the composite input and have no problems running at 60 Hz or 75 Hz. However, when I use 72 Hz (1024x768 0r 1280x720) as refresh I get the rolling picture and the \\barco told me that he had a 24 Hz refresh rate. Negative sync was set in Powerstrip , but I didn't look at it with a scope. Next I tried to put an Altinex interface between PC and Barco (1910sx) and this helped getting an Image . However, when I restarted the PC with a default of 72 Hz nothing happend (no picure at all after bootup,) and I got the 34 Hz lock again. Maybe Batco doesn't like all refreshrates

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent!

Vertical hold knob, just like the days of yore - Thanks Curt thats perfect - clear concise and accurate - perfect.

Glankford, Thanks, but yip Id tried all those first, Id read similar comments in other threads before I posted.

Now however the image is fine for a few minutes, but then becomes unstable (grows in size and dims) finally shutting off completely. The fans still run, the led is green, but no image projected, even if I try the adjust button. If I go to standby and leave it for a few mins, the picture returns when I start up again - does this sound like a component being driven harder by the RGB input and overheating?

I havent done a full set-up since adjusting the vertical hold, but this didnt happen with SHVS input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.