AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just developed a problem with the projector on the SVHS video input. The projector starts to slowly "wink out" for lack of a better term. What will happen is the picture will fade out after a short while, come back on, and eventually disappear altogether. The composite input doesn't seem to be affected by this. Does this mean I have to start looking for a board replacement?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I'd look for a cracked solder connection near the connector first, and then maybe a bad capacitor. Of course, only if you have some electronics skill. Otherwise, maybe a board swap.

Marc

·
Registered
18 Posts
My BG800 did the same thing. Pull the smp power board and check all solder joints. Especially those for the large white and blue boxes. I would do this first before involving a tech. I appreciate all that helped me on this board.

Mike

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Next chance I get I will be tearing into the boards with some magnifying glasses.

It's fun,,, it's fun,,, it's fun,,, it's fun-----

Or so I must keep telling myself.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kal:

It does happen once in a great while on the BNC (RGB?) connectors but nowhere near as much as the S-Video. And like I said before, the composite is rock solid.

Thanks for the information. At least I know where to start looking.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Riktar,

Just last week my 1272 has started (twice) to do the same thing. The picture starts to shrink and fades to black. Are yours the same symptoms?

I feed mine exclusively throught the RGBHV input. I'm assuming the problem is in the power supply, or perhaps an overheating/ fan failure, and for now I've "lifted the lid" so I can check the error code. Does the barco have an error code display you could check? Strangely after turning the main power off and back on the problem does not repeat itself for the rest of the night.

Miso

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.