Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Retro801 (basically same as an 801)

Problem:

The red standby light comes on, when I turn the projector "on" the light changes to green, but the tubes, fans etc, do not come on.

This happened one other time. I powered down and unplugged the projector and it worked fine after that. I left the thing unplugged all night, it still does not power up.

I did a search, most recommendations for power related issues said re-seat the boards. I put on my rubber gloves, cut the power and pulled all the boards. I checked every fuse I could find (I think about a dozen) all the fuses were good. No boards looked or smelled burned. While I had it apart, I dusted it.

Still no luck, green light comes on, no power to tubes and fans etc.

Any ideas :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Power Voltage check lights are as follows:

The Red Scan Fail light is ON

The Yellow +HTHD is OFF

The Yellow +30v light is OFF

All other Yellow lights are ON

The green LED switches between chosen inputs, Svideo, RGBSV etc. There is a couple second delay before this comes on.

There are two red LEDs come on as well:

One is on the board that has the VampB and VampR pots. If I call the board with the Green LED board #3, moving away from the Power Voltage Check lights, this is board 6. This one has the same delay coming on as the green LED

The other red LED comes on as soon as I choose a source/ push the power button. It is on board #7. It is not as bright as the other red light.

The red LED #D8 does not come on. This board is a short board back by the power plug.

Help.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The red led D8 you are talking if I am thinking correctly is the LED on the EHT board (the board with the warning of 37KV on it) Did you do a basic fuse check? THere are a total of 6 fuses. One is on the EHT board and the others are on the power supply board. Might want to do an ohm check on them to make sure you didn't blow one of them. Also do a reseat of ALL the boards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I pulled all the boards again, re-checked the fuses and re- looked for "burned" components.

Same result.

I also tried a search on the TAW site, some people have had a similar problem, they did not get an answer either.

Anybody:confused:

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
You have eiher a bad power supply or a bad module dragging down the power supply. A vague answer, I know, but the fact that the yellow supply LED's are not coming on indicate a lack of voltage.

That's why the scan fail LED is on, due to lack of H or V sweep.

I did strip down a full 801 retro, the saem one your tubes came from, but I never fired the set up prior to stripping it apart.

I can send you the power supply and other boards in hopes you can make the set work.

Send me a private email again and we can take it from there.

Curt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As always in the Forum.

U-Da-Man.

Thanks!

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.