AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great tubes, works great. Curt Palme went through all the boards and re-soldered the joints that typically give problems (about a year ago) in the power supply. New Quad was installed as well. I'll post pics later.....

This is a great starter projector!

500.00 Firm plus shipping on padded pallet. Crate will cost extra if you want a crate built for it.

For those who are interested, I have over the past year or so I have come across quite a few projectors and have arrived at the point of contentment with my 9500LC Ultra and the G-70. My search is over unless I come across a G-90 but for all practical purposes I'm done buying projectors and selling what extras that I have.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi there

i'm really new to the pj thing. i just bought an infocus 4805 (refurb). anyways, make a long story short, i was thinking of selling and getting something cheaper (want to get another guitar amp :)

i don't know much about crt, except that people rave about them, so unfortunately, i have a lot of questions. i have about a 13' x 12' room. would this be too much pj for that? also, what kind of hours do the tubes have? i've also noticed checking for burns is a big deal, i assume you would have mentioned they had any. also, does this have a remote? finally, since i'm new to crt, would i need someone to set it up for me?

oh yeah, 500 does not include shipping?

thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

"people rave about them" hmm, I wonder why?

500.00 does not include shipping.

Room size is fine depending on the size screen you want. The 801s is a fairly compact machine for a CRT projector. I took a picture next to a childs chair to give an idea of the size. Not a perfect picture but you get the point.

Tubes:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...chmentid=29715

There is a slight square pattern in the CRT that is hard to see. I thought it was worse going from memory but now that I have the PJ its not nearly as noticable as I recall.

"does this have a remote?" There is one built into the unit. Check e bay for a wireless one.

"finally, since i'm new to crt, would i need someone to set it up for me?" Most guys/gals don't however, that depends on you.

I would love to sell you this PJ, and if you search you will find that this is a great price, but, you really need to do some research before you throw down your Franklins on any CRT projector.

Thanks for the reply!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.