AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... I deleted the memory blocks on my acquired from Bell South Barco 808 as suggested in another thread. Now I do not know how to add a new block or what this block setting should be.

Equipment is:

BarcoGraphics 808

RCA DTC100 with OTA HDTV & DirectTV HBO & Basic Cable

iScan Plus V2 for DVD, Laserdisk, VCR

HTPC in progress

I am trying to get the 808 up for tonight's hockey game for my son but have not understood how to program info into the block address' on the 808.

Also am unsure the items to insert for the DTC100 vs the iScan. These should be two separate blocks should they not?

Any guidance out there? Apologize for the ingorance.

Terry

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Terry,

The blocks will be creayed automatically as you input different frequencies (ie resolutions) into the projector. It is important that you start off with no imput and delete all blocks so that you don't have stuff hanging around that might effect your new settings.

The Barci 808 is going to require neg sync. I am not sure if the I Scan (although I seem to remember that it does have neg sync) or DTC100 have neg sync? I haven't fooled with either device and don't have one here to try. If they don't when you try and select the inrut (3 or 5) you will get "no signal"

Terry

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again Terry.

The negative sync issue is resolved. I am using an Extron 118 Plus between the DTC100 and the BG808. The iScan Plus v2 does invert to negative sync so this is in good shape also.

When the DTC 100 was fired up, the BG808 continued to show only the initilization screen with serial number etc and indicated "no signal"

All memory blocks have now again been deleted and I am converging the BG808 at the VGA4 setting. After convergance will agin try to get the DTC 100 to talk to the BG 808 & report in.

Would you be amenable to telephone coaching since we are both local?

If so, I will email you my particulars. Please be aware however, that I qualify as a newbie.

Thanks again!

Terry

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Newbie status is showing. Due to heavy thunderstorms yesterday & today the BG808 was turned off & disconnected from power. When it powered back up tonight the BG808 reverted to ID of 0 instead of 5.

When switched to 5 the picture came up immediately. Does this mean there is now a block setting for the DTC 100? The screen is not as clear as it was previously and there is blue overscan on the left and yellow overscan on the right.

I have downloaded the CRT Projector Control software manual & am studing it to better learn about blocks, etc. Do not yet have the CRT Projector Control software loaded or a serial connection between my PC and the BG808. Plan to do this soon though.

I am confused on how to align the BG808. Intuitively it seems the BG808 should be aligned at the highest frequency. Except for the Sun setting, the VGA4 is the highest resolution. Should the unit be aligned at this setting or a lower frequency?

Terry

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yes, since the picture appeared, that memory block is now programmed for that input. You will need to converge it now with that source on, go into ADJ and then GENLOCKED PATTERN. You should be able to follow the menus for convergence after that. Good Luck...Steve. PS, each different input will generate a new memory block. Full convergence will have to be done for each source....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Make sure you let the PJ warm up before beginning convergence. You may find that the blue drifts partially, if not toatally, back into place.

John

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sbarger & John. I will make sure the projector is warmed up before completing convergance and will converge each block setting.

Did not realize that the PJ is to be adjusted for each block setting. Things are beginning to make more sense now. Out of frustration last night I left HD Net on the screen and adjusted convergance at the same time. The picture improved dramatically over my past attempts.

When I look at the screen I am off convergance in the upper left and lower right corners. Is this the "Schemflung" issue or probably something else?

My settings for almost all the blue are near or at zero. Red & Green seem to converge without much difficulty other than red in the lower right quadrant.

Should I attempt to physically move the blue tube to be more consistent with the red & green at the convergant midpoint?

Terry

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rerry, Be sure to follow the installation setup before trying to converge. Go to installation menu and aphisically align the tubes. Having done this and istalling the projector exactly in the middel of the screen, schould bring the convergance setting somewhere round midposition. Scheimpflug is a mechanical adjustment of your lenses to obtain an optical correction at different projection distances. Barco has a ring between each lens and crt. There is also another way to overdrive the cinvergance setting. If you havn't properly set the projector to table coming from front, you might be able to get a picture out of the proj, but cannot get full convergance that way. This happens when you forget to plug the convergance connectors the right way.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Terry,

Been busy, but yes feel free to call me at 404-557-6351 if you need some help.

Terry

(man this is like talking to myself....hey wait I already do that!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.