AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a barco 808 non s, but it's just taking up room.

I haven't inspected the tubes, but my guess is they are from 7-10 this unit was at my work, and barely used, but there's a problem with the EVT, Splitter, or voltage, causing my tubes not to work.

Curt told me I could fix this by sending him the parts, but i'm not able to mount the unit alone, and am giving up.

I am willing to let this unit go for free, if you can come and get it(please know i can barely lift it, so i'd help you move it, but i'd recommend 2 people+me.

I am in MN, and if you send me a memo at [email protected] , you can have a nice parts unit, the case has a couple small scratches, it is complete, with remote, and extron box to connect to a pc.

I had a very hard time getting this into my basement because it's heavy, and I arleady have a homemade LCD projection setup(which is half the quality of the barco, but it's small, so I can handle moving it)

Anyways if you are able to pick this up soon, let me know.

greg :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I want to be from Minnesota. :D

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I want to be from US!
Sure, Stepan, then he'd be right next door!. You could live in New York and be only 2000km away, or live in Los Angeles and be only 3200km away... Nahh, it would be closer for you to drive from Prague to Spain. :)

·
Banned
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfritz
Sure, Stepan, then he'd be right next door!. You could live in New York and be only 2000km away, or live in Los Angeles and be only 3200km away... Nahh, it would be closer for you to drive from Prague to Spain. :)
Yeah, i tend to forget that US is such vast country... I calculated cost of driving from Prague to Madrid and back and it would be actually more expensive than shipping PJ from US!

But it still would pay off if the PJ was free and I could repair it.

You guys are spoiled. You ar not willing to drive for the PJ for couple of hours. You probably do not know what do you have. There are virtually no used CRT PJs here, I saw just one in one auditorium, and PJs in Germany are ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's gone guys, thanks, not exactly sure who Mike is but he's first, and willing to get it asap thanks(i'll be back though, i'm planning that i'll get another when i get a new house)

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Ya know Stepan, you could get this picked up, packaged and sent to you for probably not that much money.... just a thought...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm tempted to setup an export business to the UK from canada here. My family lives, figure I ship them over in Bulk, then resell them local, you think anyone would be interested?

·
Banned
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme
Ya know Stepan, you could get this picked up, packaged and sent to you for probably not that much money.... just a thought...
No I could not, because at the moment I am completely cash free. cash less. How do you say it. impecunious. Wow, do you ever use this word?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan
No I could not, because at the moment I am completely cash free. cash less. How do you say it. impecunious. Wow, do you ever use this word?
"Flat broke", "Busted", "Penny-less" ;)

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Impecunious ? Does that really mean flat broke ? Now that's a word I hardly ever get a chance to use in a sentence :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.