AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody solve this problem with my pj. I can be watching a movie for about 1hr and all of a sudden the tubes will go out i have to switch the pj off for about 5 minutes before the tubes will come back on again & it may run for 20 minutes & do it again. It sounds like a HV problem I purchased a splitter of Curt Palme about a 18 months ago because the one that was in it died & the pj was running well. I have swapped the quad over but it still keeps doing it.I suppose it could be the EHT module, but I just want to avoid buying lots of parts to keep changing things out to solve the problem. So my question is to anybody that may have come across this problem before. I do note the cooling fans seem to be running fast even in a cool room so I am not sure if it may have something to do with the power supply, any answers would be a great help before I pull the remainder of my hair out

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Curt is the best person for answering this question, I don't know anyone more qualified with Barcos in North America
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjac /forum/post/17004309

I do note the cooling fans seem to be running fast even in a cool room so I am not sure if it may have something to do with the power supply, any answers would be a great help before I pull the remainder of my hair out

None of the CRT's I know of have thermal fan control. The fans only run at one speed when machine is powered up. Maybe a Barco guy can say otherwise?

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
The Barcos do have a speed control on the power supply, but they rarely fail.

Your problem is HV related. It could be the splitter, quadrupler or EHT board. Send them all to me, I'll put them in a set here to test. Does the red light on the EHT board come on when the tubes go off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Palme /forum/post/17006553

The Barcos do have a speed control on the power supply, but they rarely fail.

Your problem is HV related. It could be the splitter, quadrupler or EHT board. Send them all to me, I'll put them in a set here to test. Does the red light on the EHT board come on when the tubes go off?

Thanks everybody for responding. I am just trying to find out if the red led lights up when I have this HV problem,I have had the pj running for about 4 hours straight & the problem hasn't come back isn't it always the way. I will keep you posted as to what is happening when it does

1 - 5 of 5 Posts