AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my projector, I just bought a DVDO iScan HD & have just connected it up to the Barco 808 graphics projector & I have been having problems I don't know if it is the RGB inputs with separate H & V Sync on port 5 of the projector.The S video input that I normally have my DVD player connected to works fine & has a good image but as soon as I connect the RGB inputs into the projector with the DVDO unit on, the picture starts flickering cutting on an off & collapsing in on the sides of the screen. I had the rear cover off the projector & noticed when the picture was cutting off the diode on the V board was lighting up & then would switch off when the picture came back so I am trying to figure out if there is some kind of problem with my Barco's RGB inputs or if I have a sync problem, since this has happened my projector will not fire a picture which is a bigger dilemma. When I turn on the projector the fans start & you here the tubes try to start & that's it no picture. I opened up the rear cover & a LED light is glowing on the V board, would anybody have any ideas based on what I have told you where the problem may lie or which boards I should check that may be causing this to happen.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Usually the Barco's need negative sync...

Nicholas

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Assuming this is a non-S 808 as Nich said most likely you need negative sync. Assuming you cannot change the sync in the DVDO box you will need to get something like an Extron box to change sync.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Emailed DVDO in regards to the iScan HD about the sync situation & i am waiting on a reply but my big dilemma is why won't the Barco start up any idea's

Thanks

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrager
Does this mean the 'S' version will sync with eithet + 0r -?
'

Yes S model Barcos with the exception of 801s will synch either + or -. Also non-S 120x and 808 will take + and - sync on port 3 (the small DB9 port).

·
Registered
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dandyjac
I opened up the rear cover & a LED light is glowing on the V board...
The light on the vert/sync board is simply "loss of coincidence" which means the projector isn't seeing a sync signal that it can lock on. Try hitting the ADJ key a few times and you should be able to verify the internal menus will still come up fine - this should hopefully eliminate your concern about the projector starting up I hope.

Mark

·
Registered
968 Posts
So why doesn't the iScan HD work? Here are some ideas:

Have you changed the iScan's output colorspace from component to rgb?

Have you set the iScan's output sync to Vsync and Hsync, and also to bi-level sync? (I'm actually confused by the manual as to the setting here. It sounded like it needed to be 'BI' and also 'H+V', but I'm not sure if maybe they just meant 'H+V'?)

Have you tried swapping the H and V BNC connectors going into Port 5 on the Barco to see if you have them backwards? Don't trust the cables colors to be what the manual says they are.

Hope that helps!

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i bought the iScan from cable solutions & they made me a break out cable with a VGA end going into 5 BNC ends they told me to set the iScan to RGB with Seperate H+V Sync signals

My dillema with the projector starting is still continuing I have tried to hit the ADJ button but i can not get my internal patterns to project I cant even get the Barco Emblin to fire up when i start the projector it seems to be locked in this mode any ideas

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The projector does not project any image, won't say that there is no available inputs ( no picture ) the fans start when i turn it on, you here the start up of the tubes then nothing as i said before there is a red LED glowing on the V Board under the verticle trimpod adjustment there must be a fault some ware for this LED to be on

Any ideas

Thanks

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
Normally the HV Quad will cause this "non picture". Do you hear all the normal HV pop sizzle?

If you have a spare quad replace the current one and see if that is it. Curt has these and would be able to help you out. I have had a bad sm power supply that caused a no pic issue as well as a bad quad in a different pj...

Not sure why the DVDO would cause this it might be unrelated????

Pete

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
It could also be the horizontal focus/shift board if all your LED's are green.Curt just recently fixed mine.Everything appeared to be working properly just no picture or internal menu's.The red LED on the vertical board should go out when you supply a signal to the input.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the reply all LED I can see are green except the red LED is lit up on the Vboard how do you isolate the problem I have being told it could be the deflection board, it could be Voltage Quadrupler, it could be EHT input module i have no idea what is going on

Any ideas how to solve this problem would be appreciated as i can't watch my

PJ

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Re read all the posts,do you hear the high voltage coming up on the tubes? Is the red EHT LED on ,if not it probably is not the EHT or high voltage section.E mail Curt Palme and ask him what boards to send him for testing and or repair.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Just answered him.

If a the set projects no light at all, and the scan fail light is not on, then it's usually an HV fault. But in his email to me, he says that the Barco startup screen did come up at first. That would indicate that HV is working.

The red light on the V board just means that the set isn't seeing any vertical sync. It should go out when any proper signal is received. I'd still use an S-video signal for now to eliminate the DVDO or SVGA cable as a potential issue. Once a video signal is projected properly, then tie in the DVDO.

Curt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the Email Curt

but the problem i have is no picture, can't get anything from S/Video or by using any other input like RGB, as i said no picture with red LED lit up on the V board.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.