AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The picture on my recently acquired Barco 808 is uneven from top to bottom. The picture is expanded at the top and compressed in size at the bottom.

I have adjusted the internal cross hatch pattern to give an even distribution of dots from top to bottom and side to side, but the picture remains "skewed" from top to bottom. What am I doing incorrectly? I have not modified the storage parameters in memory.

The projector is connected to a RCA DTC-100 HDTV receiver for both (1) OTA signals in Atlanta and (2) DirecTV for HBO & HDNET only.

Thanks for any advice!

Terry

·
Registered
496 Posts
You say you adjusted the internal cross hatch- But do you mean you performed convergance? If not, perhaps the vert lin is off...?

--Kieth

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will check the vertical linearity. I did set this with the cross hatch pattern earlier & will do again then report.

My Barco 808 was purchased used from Bell South and had the presets already arranged. I was wondering if this could throw the vertical linearity off if I am running at a different setting - 1080i vs 720p for example.

Terry

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Delete all memory blocks in the service menu and then go through a full set up. This is a mis-setting of the vertical linearity.

Curt

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Another Terry in Atlanta area and a Barco fan at that!!

Curt is absolutely correct. I have see major differences in converging CRT's when all memories are deleted before you start.

Terry

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Curt & Terry. Will delete the memory blocks then do the full set-up again. Apologize for the lack of knowledge and genuinely appreciate your help.

Terry

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Tim,

Not having any knowledge of the firmware and what effects it has on areas of digital convergence but the obvious, I don't know the reason why.

I do know from many experiences that I have seen problems with setup when there were "old" setups in there. One recent one that comes to mind involved a Barco that had a bad dog ear shape of the R in the upper left corner that went completely away when I deleted all memories and started over. I would assume that the influence of the old memory had a lingering effect on the new setup. What was odd is that the new setup was in an entirely different memory than the old ones.

Terry

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Thanks, Terry.

> One recent one that comes to mind involved a Barco that had a bad dog ear shape of the R in the upper left corner that went completely away when I deleted all memories and started over. I would assume that the influence of the old memory had a lingering effect on the new setup.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Tim,

It now has become a matter of course for me to delete all memory blocks so I haven't tried the Set To Midposition. I will give it a try just to satisfy my curosity. But honestly in most cases with these CRT's they have so much old stuff in them it just better to delete all the memories.

Terry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.