AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall i am trying to hook up the new hd cable box and it only has componet out, and well the barco while having r,g,b does not seem to be working (picture displayed on barco is dark green with no red or blue). I did go out and purchace 3 rca to bnc connector thinking this would work but alas it doesn't. I also tried hooking the green input from the hd cable box to both of the synks on the barco with no luck. I would like to get this working without having to purchace a vga to 5 cable bnc breakout transcoder. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking,

V_1138

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
v_1138,

Unfortunately, you will need a "component-to-vga" transcoder..

Even though the colors of the cables on the HD box are red, green, and blue, they do not carry RGB signals. A transcoder is needed to convert the signals to those that can be properly displayed by your projector.

Be aware that many of the less expensive transcoders will not give a very good picture on the Barco since they do not properly srtip "tri-level" sync signals from their output. From what I understand, a newer transcoder available from digitalconnection.com does work. You may want to call them to confirm what will work with your projector or do a bit of searching of other posts here on AVS before making any purchase of any transcoder.

Joe L.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well... if you have an 808 "s" model (data or graphics) you should be able to input component directly into Port 4/5 and use Mode 6 by hitting a "6" on the keypad. Is that what you tried?

If so, the problem could still be that without the optional Barco HDTV board in the projector it may not work properly due to the mentioned tri-level issue.

Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 1208s and I have it running off my HD cable converter box from Time Warner. I am using the Y-Pb-Pr output going to the RGB (hooked up at Red, Green, and Blue) connectors on my projector. Using input 6, I get picture. 480i, 480p both work great. (fully expected 480i to work, and don't care about it) 720p and 1080i both work, but are very dark. Turning the brightness up to 75 makes it almost right, but it is still dark, and I have to boost the contrast too far to completely fix it. Any ideas on that? 720p has the nicest picture, so that is what I would like to use, but I will not run my projector with the brightness and contrast where I have to put it to make it useable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.