AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I cranked up my BG800, let it warm up, ran the Nokia Monitor Test to do the usual 1 or 2 click convergence and when I finished I saw the picture roll. Hmm... Then it rolled again... Then EVERYTIME I moved the mouse it would roll. When I left the mouse alone it would roll every second or so, moving the mouse is constant. Anyway, I tried some lower resolutions thinking it was having trouble keeping up with 1280x720 or maybe some timings had gotten screwed up, so I tried 640x480, nada, same thing. Now it's doing a constant FAST garbled, gibberish, unreadable FAST roll. Any ideas? Oh, I hooked my DVD player up through svideo and it works fine. Lousy picture with lines in it, but it's fine.

What's the deal?

BTW, did a search for Barco and roll, came up with nothing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, now it's getting weird!

I tried an "application profile" I have for a racing game and it works fine. No rolling, everything is fine. So now I have to figure out what the hell happened to my powerstrip display profiles to make it act up like this.

When I run Windows and use the cntrl-alt-1 key to change the resolution for the projector it used to work fine. It started to slowly roll and now it rolls REALLY fast.

When I run Windows and use the powerstrip profile to run Need For Speed it does something different and works perfectly.

Anyone know what could have changed?

Anyone can tell me what to set everything to for 1280x720 at 60hz?

Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone have good powerstrip settings for a BG800? At 1280x720? I'm sure that is what my problem is. I never wrote them down. I need ALL the numbers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Could be your graphics card acting up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The computer monitor is perfect, no rolling ever. Why would the Barco roll? I'ts doing it again this morning. Desktop came up, looked OK. Then I ran Nokia and it did a couple of rolls. Then back to desktop and more rolling. I'm stumped because it doesn't do it all the time, every few seconds or a lot when I move the mouse. Almost like a interrupt problem but the regular monitor is fine. Hmmm...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, an update...

I reinstalled powerstrip and now it seems that it's better. It still ocassionally rolls when viewing the desktop but once I run an application (winDVD, NVDVD, or my game) it stops rolling. It does sometimes roll in the Nokia Monitor Test program and will continue to roll when I exit. It will sometimes roll when winDVD first starts up but then will stop when viewing video. It seems that once it stops (after watching video) it won't roll for a while. Are there ANY suggestions/fixes? It seems related to te mouse too. Mouse movement, clicks, moving over a open window, or maybe it's me... Just trying to find SOME reason for all this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
There is a mehanical adjustment to be made to the projector that will lock in your horizontal sync. You need to adjust this, its easy and requires no special equipment. I can't for the life of me remember the board and pot numbers....but it is easy to access. That will solve the problem....doing so with software will always give you problems.

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I loaded a backup I had (disk image) made a month ago and everything is back to normal. Something somewhere in Windows got messed up and I couldn't seem to fix it. It's working perfectly again. Just another "feature" in Windows I guess...

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
I pulled out my BG800 service manual as Mike's recommendation is on the right track:

If ever it acts up again it's probably the vertical sync pots on Vertical Deflection/Sync board (761768). There's two pots on there that you're supposed to adjust to be able to have the projector sync anywhere between 50-100Hz.

P1 is the 50Hz adjustment pot.

P2 is the 100Hz adjustment pot.

If you get a rolling desktop, most likely one of the two is slightly off. Slightly adjust each one until the desktop stabilizes.

The "real" way to adjust is the feed the projector a 50Hz signal and adjust P1 for a stable picture, then do the same with 100Hz and adjust P2. After that you'll shouldn't have any problems. But most of us don't go outside the 60-72Hz range so just tweaking is fine.... (I had to adjust these when I wanted to try 48Hz which is popular with some around here).

Kal

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you kal and mike. I'll remember that, saving the thread now... I don't know what I did to make it start. But since an image reload stopped it, I'm happy again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.