Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I have been hung up in my underwear for the past two weeks trying to figure out which way to go between these two units. I know the general strengths and weaknesses of DLP vs. Crt, but what I want is the best pictre. I have seen the Sharp and love it, but the Barco I am sure would be terrific as well.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know a friend who just sold his sony G70(8 inch CRT) and bought a z9000. He'd had his g70 for more than a year and thinks z9000 'almost' as good as G70. And the cine 7 is a 7 inch CRT. I guess z9000u can compete with Cine 7 in many ways. Not much of help to you! Sorry.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am new to the Front PRojector thing, but I own a 34 Pansonic widescreen and and a Pioneer Elite 58" and have been watching HDTV for 1 1/2 years. I recently compared the 9000 to the NEC CRT w/ 8" guns and I preferd the 9000. There is a detailed post from me from about 4 days ago if you are interested in the specifics of that comparison.

Good Luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
Husker,

I would definately go for the Cine 7. CRT technology still beats DLP technology as to blacklevels, contrast, colors,....you name it. If you say you want the best picture, you go for CRT and the Cine 7 is one hell of a good projector!:D

Lot's of the CRT lovers will certainly agree with me.

It might be interesting for you to read the article about the Cine 7 on the Barco website:
http://www.barco.com/projection_systems/home_theater

greetings,

Spar

·
Registered
430 Posts
Husker1,

I believe the general consensus (even among "digital" projector aficionados) is that in a light controlled room and for normal screen sizes, CRT beats digital technology currently.

Personally, I would say that CRT PQ still is a lot better than the digital projectors I have seen. And this is speaking as a person that would LOVE to see a digital PJ that put my NEC CRT to shame. You may initially find the digital PQ pretty good, but when you have lived with a CRT for a few days, you will find the digital flaws intolerable and there is no going back.

·
Registered
510 Posts
For what it's worth.

On the CEDIA I have seen the Sharp and the new SIM2.

Compared to my G70 I would not change.

Simple

The look stays digital (although it's the best one I ever saw BY FAR).

There were some slight artifacts seen on diagonal lines and some light combing artifacts (can be solved by using another scaler).

The black level was VERY good, BUT when showing a scene with high contrast blacklevel was poor, and lost detail in the darker aereas something a CRT will not do.

As far as I have information the Sharp DLP has some big problems with lipsync problems due to all the digital enhancements it uses, please check this out BEFORE you buy one. Just bypassing its internal scaler with a HT-PC or PSM-1 will probarbly help.

Greetings from Holland,

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.