AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I am a new member to this forum, living in Athens, Greece. I am thinking of buying the new Barco Cine 7LT. Since I don't have any previous experience with CRT's I would appreciate any advice regarding the type of screen I should use, as well as the type of cables that you think would be most approriate for the Barco. My current DVD player is the Denon 2800 II, which uses the Silicon Image 504 chip. I also have a Sony 900 DVD with the Cinematrix PSM1 board, but it recently malfunctioned and I don't know if it can be repeared. I would also welcome any alternative suggestion regarding my choice of projector. My budget is around 10.000 Euros, which I would exceed perhaps up to a maximum of 15.000 Euros, but only in case I found a very good deal on a 8" or 9" model. My main concern as far as getting a used or refurbished CRT is the tech support that would be available in Greece. Thanking you all in advance,

Nicholas.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Your budget should get you very good refurbished 8 or 9" projectors like Electrohomes and Sony's, cables and a nice HTPC with H3D and MP-1 mod, and with money to go on a short tour with your family. I am not sure of the taxes in your country, but I am comparing your budget with what I can get in Singapore.

New Cine 7 is good but for the price performance. even a retubed Sony D50 can neatly beat it, at so much lower price.

Any CRT projector needs a good tech to SET UP FOR HT movie use, and your choice of technicain is also very important. Time and again, CRT will give you so much movie viewing pleasure, once you have own one.

But on the down side, CRT needs attention. But ususlly this forum has access to hundreds of people who know their stuff.

Cables: Canare L5CFB, or Belden 1694A. Even the HDTV cable from Canare L7CHD etc....

Good luck.

CH Yeow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.