AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I am the proud owner of a Barco Data 1101. Unfortunately my green tube is *kaput* (quite smashed) which definitely makes it difficult to enjoy movies with it.

The Barco Data 1101 shares the same tubes with the 1001 and may even share with the 1000. The one I have appears to be Barco model 7615825, or Sony SD146.

Does anyone out there have, or have a line on, a green tube for this unit?

Thank you so much, and have a great day!

-David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brian, the SD-146 is a 9" tube.. What size is your SD-130G? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
David, Is this tube for the 1101 you STOle off ebay? Did it get smashed in shipping? If so, can you make a shipping insurance claim and afford a new one? I think freight has an automatic $1000. limit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Paul! Yeah, it's the one I got for an absolute bar-gain!! However, yes, the tube was destroyed in shipment. Coolant everywhere and the lens up at a funny angle. I talked to the seller and packing/shipping company and both verified no coolant leak when they had it.

I will be filing an insurance claim once I either find a tube or give up trying. I have notified the shipping company and sent them pictures but told them to hold of a while.

Thanks though -- and it would have been a great deal!! Hopefully I can find the part otherwise I have a big heavy boat anchor with two absolutely immaculate tubes.

So **bump** anybody have an SD146 green? :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump! And hey, it's an easy way to get my post count up. ;-P

·
Registered
968 Posts
David,

I keep wanting to help somehow after seeing your repeated posts. I've got about nine Barco projectors with SD146 tubes in them including two BD1101's - and one of those had its red tube broken when I received it as well. My biggest problems are lack of time to work on them, how difficult it is to move them due to their size, and how little space I have to work in right now. Well, feel free to drop me an email and maybe we can figure something out...

Mark - [email protected]

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is this the same tube that's in the 1209? I have an extra green that is badly burned. Does VDC retube Liquid Coupled 9" CRTs?

And finally, was it UPS that broke your tube? They have systematically destroyed about half of everything that has ever been shipped to me.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The 1209 tubes are electromagnetic focus Sony tubes that are not compatible with the SD146 electrostatic focus Sony tubes. I don't think either fall into the refurbishable category by VDC either. I don't know if its true, but I haven't heard of any Sony tubes that can be rebuilt and its seems to be due to a screen/mask that is behind the tube's face and phosphor - and subsequently doesn't allow access to scrape and replace the phosphor (I think).

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.