Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have got a 'perfect state' Barco Data 600 with all accessories and cables, and with two control boxes: an RCVDS 400 Quad (the one needed to make the Barco works) and an "Universal RGB analog Aut.".

This second box has one button (power) and a led in front; in the back it has one female DB15 connector (like the VGA connector on video card) labelled 'input', one male DB15 connector on a 15cm lead, four BNC labelled "R G B S" 'output' and four leds labelled 'mode' and '1 2 3 4'

I thought this one was for connecting an HTPC, but when I tried I see nothing. Actually, I'm not sure the pc works fine and should verify.

But someone can confirm that this box is for converting VGA ->RGBS ?

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
What is the name of the box, if it is Extron, try putting the switch in the off position, they have automatic poweron when they get a signal, and the switch sets an operating mode. Also make sure the pj is set to receive RGBS signal.

Frode

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The name of the box is BARCO. It seems an 'official' add-on for his pj.

However, I have tried again and now something happens. before, the pc was not working :) I connect the male connector to the video card (Nvidia TNT2) and a monitor to the female connector. Now when pc starts, the led number 1 light up, then when Windows is loaded the led 3 is on; the monitor works ok but the pj output only garbage, like some rows rolling fast.

I check with powerstrip 2.78 and set the display at [email protected] so it should work (BD600 accept up until 42khz horizontal) but nothing changes.

I connect this box to the RCVDS 400 RGBS input card; it has some switches (*=my settings): Sync (on G/sep.*), Sync (Fast/Slow*), Fr. mode (F.adj./F.std*) and two screws: (Vert. Freq. or Hor. Ampl.) and (Hor. Freq. or Hor. Phase) that I have not used yet.

However, I had to note another thing: when I put the switch for the hatch pattern frequency other than standard (15.6khz) I see the same thing, gabage like a non-synched image...

please help!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you have to sync the projector with the HFr1 pot to the wanted frequency. Be sure to have te autolock switch (which is the big switch in the middle-back) pressed down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mcfeast,

you're right, thank you very much! The autolock switch was depressed, so I press it but... I tried to put the crosshatch freq. selector to 21khz: the crosshatch appers for an half second and then go away, and the two leds near the autolock switch are on. At the other two frequencies, the crosshatch does not appear at all. I tried with the pc too, but I see nothing. In this case the first led (the one on the lens side) is on and the other led blink slowly. If I toggle the BLANKING jumper, I see garbled rows, but different from before.

Should I use the HFr1 pot, even with the autolock switch pressed? It isn't an 'automatic lock' on frequency?

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I've already got the manual... and I've seen the procedure for synching: but did you short-circuit the capacitor as the manual said?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe I should go trough procedure sometime, now I just adjust the HFr1 pot (autolock on) when changing between composite (15,7)/rgb operation (31-42).

Maybe the the pj would sync automatically between 15-42kHz if one would go trough the procedure with capasitor short-circuiting. If you get the autolock working fully somehow, please let me know. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.