AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Barco Data 600 really cheap from my company. I am missing the small remote control for the unit. Can I operate this without this control? When I plug it in and turn the power on nothing happens. No lights or anything. This was taken from a conference room so I am sure it is set up for a quad controller.

Any help out there?

Blaine

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guess that you listened to what I said on diyaudio :). Since your unit is a Barco 600, it is a analog unit right? Therefore, I do not think you would need a remote at all. But if you want to make sure, just download the barco 600 manual. I am pretty sure there is a site where they provide people with the owner's manual as well as the installtion manual in pdf format.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Blaine -

You need either a RCVDS 400 quad controller, or what we on the forum technically refer to as the "little white box' that attaches on the backside near the inputs where there is a fairly wide 'D' connector. It has knobs for brightness, contrast, etc.

Both pop up on ebay now and then, though not many lately. I have a working spare white box, PM me if you're interested.

- Chris

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
I've just inherited a bunch of those little remote boxes as well.

Curt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I would be intersted in the little white box. I want to make sure the unit works before I buy too much. When I power the thing on I get no indication that it is working. I am getting voltage to the boards but you would think that the power button would come on or something. There is a goose neck light inside the barco and that doesnt even come on. I am at [email protected] (hope that is legal on this board).

Thanks for the help guys.

Blaine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.