AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, brilliant forum you have here! :)

I will be getting my hands on a Barco Data 600 for a cheap price on Tuesday, I was wondering, do I need the external quad box to be able to use the projector, or can I use the small white switch box that comes attached to the back of the projector to control the projectors source ?

I was hoping to feed RGBHV into the projector, from my graphics card, do the DB-9 female connector on the back of the BD600, I have made a small 'dongle' like converter to convert HD-15 to DB-9 (See Picture).

This is my first post to this board, and I'm a total newbie to HT, but with such good help from this forum, I think I'll learn very quickly!

Thankyou for your help!

-Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

The DB-9 connector at the back of the projector is for connecting the RCVDS control box you will not be able to feed it a video signal. Make sure that you do get the white switch box as this will be the only way that you can feed a video signal. If possible try to get hold of a RCVDS with as many input cards as poss. The 600 will struggle with to give you decent picture using a PC, but will be fine with a DVD player. If you can wait or afford it go for an 800 or better I traded up my 600 after 3 months.

Paul

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Paul, thanks for your help!

I am referring to the DB-9 connecter labeled RGB TTL, I thought that the DB-15 female next to the power socket was for the RCVDS control box...

I'm pretty sure that it does come with the small white control box, so would I be able to feed RGBHV into the DB-9 RGB TTL socket ?

Thanks! :)

-Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In addition, here's the schematic for the cable that I made...

http://electro.ath.cx/crtprojector/VGA2DB9.bmp

In the BD600 manual, pin 6 is called 'Sync composite' and pin 7 is called 'Highlights'

Would I need to use these pins for anything ? :confused:

Thanks!

-Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
The RGB TTL connector is for the old-time-no-more-used EGA & CGA cards. It takes 'dicrete' levels for R, G & B, you cannot connect a recent VGA card to it.

With the BD600 you need the RCVDS 400 quad OR the little box that conects on the back of the pj: without one of that, the pj doesn' work.

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The small white box does come with the PJ, so to get my graphics card display onto my CRT PJ, I need to buy a VGA to RGBHV breakout cable ?

Many thanks!

-Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, plus since the BD600 want a composite sync, you must 'mix' the H and V sinc in one lead. At this point I cannot help you much more, I read of some people using a simple BNC 'T' connector to mix them, some other speaks about building a simple circuit... :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok then, here is the revamped HD-16 to RGB and combined sync converter...

http://electro.ath.cx/crtprojector/DCP_0622.JPG

I just needa add 2 more BNC conenctors....

We'll see if that works on Tuesday, when it hopefully arrives :)

-Dave

·
Registered
887 Posts
With the white box that plugs into the remote port at the back of the PJ, you should be able to input a RGBs signal directly from your PC - If you have a VGA-adapter that can output composite sync like eg. a Ati Radeon.. If not you can combine the H and V sync leads from the brakout cable with the circuit found at http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/c...vga2rgbs.html. I used a BD-600 with a HTPC for a while, and it gave a decent picture at 800x600 60Hz. I had the RCVDS 400 Quad with video and RGBs input cards.

Gunnar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.