Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

I'm in the planning stage in building my dedicated HT room. I just bought a Barco data 701s and also building my HTPC. My question is do I need to have an Extron RGB 109 Computer Interface to connect my HTPC to the projector or can I directly use a VGA to RGBS cable using port 3 in the Barco Projector.

Thanks,

Rey

·
Registered
249 Posts
The 701 s does not have a port 3, and seems to be a bit picky about sync, so I'd say that you need a interface, it does'nt have to be a 109, but if you have one, use it. If you have to have a long cablestretch (more than 3 meters) from the pc to the pj, it's a musthave.

You can of coarse try a breakoutcable, and use powerstrip to set composite sync and negative polarity if your GC supports it. Buy a Radeon if you can.

Frode

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Frode for your quick response. Your right the 701s does not have a port 3. What I meant was input #3. What do you think about Extron RGB 109? Can you recommend a different model or product that will do the same thing. I do have the powerstrip loaded in my system. Breakoutcable is also an option. I just bought a 25ft long vga to 5 bnc cable. Is this a waste of a cable or can I use it to make a breakout cable.

Rey

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Rey --- you should be able to use the 25ft long vga to 5 bnc cable. I'd like to know if you can't, since I also own a 701S.

I have two Extron RGB 109 boxes... they have the VGA cable attached to the box, and it connects to the video out board at the computer... and you just attach BNC cables to the Extron and your Barco.

But I should say that I haven't yet hooked up my HTPC, or my Extrons. I assume they work. (Too busy with other projects.)

Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Pocatello,

I'm still waiting for my Extron RGB 109 Box. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Rey

·
Registered
213 Posts
I connected my PC directly to a BarcoData 701s with a VGA to BNC(3 if I remember correctly) cable a year or more back. I was using an ATI Rage 128pro and by fiddling with the sync setup (that the ATI drivers fortunately provided) I had no problems getting a good picture at 800by600.

Unfortunatly I was stupid enough to sell it just because it was a big and heavy to bring along when I moved so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I should or try higher resolutions... The colors were good, picture was sharp and pleasant to watch even though the calibration was a 15 minute quick job.

-Chris

Without a pj at this time :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.