AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any Barco Data 801s have built in line doublers? mine has such a great picture, it looks like it might. I wonder what a progressive scan DVD signal would look like.

I just got the Kenwood test DVD, on the chapter with the flag flying, I can see no jaggies in the edges of the stripes while it is flapping in the air, that's why I asked the question.

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Internal line-doubler in 801s? NO!

Just toggle the TEXT button and you will show what scan-rate the projector operates on. If it is 15khz then the projector is feed with standard interlaced video.

Per Johnny Ødegaard

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
How big's the screen?

If it's over ~40 inches wide (which it most likely is!) and you DON'T see individual scan lines running at 15Khz NTSC, something is horrendously wrong with the installation and/or focus!

Kal

·
Registered
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kal
How big's the screen?

If it's over ~40 inches wide (which it most likely is!) and you DON'T see individual scan lines running at 15Khz NTSC, something is horrendously wrong with the installation and/or focus!

Kal
A well-set-up 801s will clearly resolve the scan lines of a line-doubled source as well. The optimum feed for an 801s is probably around 720p (tripled).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When pressing the text button, the box displays

15.7Khz

60hz

This is meaningless to me, The picture is about 7.5' Diagonally.

It is focused correctly, and I can see scan lines in most material if I get close to the screen. I compared what I see to what I see on a $17,000 Sanyo LCD projector at work using the same material, there is no comparison, the Barco blows it away. If my unit does not have a line doubler in it, then I don't think I need one.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
15.7Khz/60Hz is a regular non line-doubled signal. The same signal every 'regular' TV uses. You're seeing an image that made up of 480 lines (and interlaced).

You should be seeing scan lines from *VERY* far away, not only close to the screen. If you don't see scan lines from 15-20 feet back then something is very wrong.

This projector's cable of much much more..... you're just scratching the surface.

Kal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.