Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

someone knows anything about an Barco Data 801s?

Is is actually a good pj and what about the Imagquality and is it HDTV ready?

How much would you pay for a used one with about 2000-4000h?

Oh so many questions ;o)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The "data" models generally suffer lower bandwidth than the "Graphics" models, but an 801s _may_ provide enough for 720p. This model is 75 MHz and the old CRTCinema "specs" page says it's good for 1024x768 but you may be able to get 1280x720 out of this PJ.

I've got a RetroData 801 that I'll be playing with tonite. I've run this at 720p and the projector was apparently able to resolve this, but I don't know how long term stability will be.

FWIW, I picked up a more desirable BG801 (non'S') for about $500USD delivered in January. Depending on your location the market could be much tighter (those in Europe, Asia, and Australia seem to suffer price-wise.)

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raster
Stay away from Barco's. Reliability isn't the greatest.

Get a Sony or a Marquee.
Another expert opinion from raster. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
How much you pay for it has nothing to do with the number of hours, but the condition the tubes are in.

At 2000-4000 hours the tubes might be perfect, or the could have strong uneven wear.

Kal

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
I have 2 BD801s which have both been upgraded to BG801s

Good - yes I think so, I use them with a htpc 1024x768 - the grapics will go higher.

you can always spend more money and get better but the picture from these is in my opinion very good and great reproduction of colour, not the sharpest focus.

bad points - you might be better with a 708 - newer, smaller and possibly more reliable but more expensive.

this is Barco only info , loads of barco parts about so no worries there.

about to upgrade mine to 1208's (EDIT - this is a physical projector swop over, not an upgrade from bg801s - sorry to those who wrote to ask how to go 801 to 1208)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.