AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worth anything?

I can pick up two of these in the next hour. They appear to be for big theaters because of their size. Neither is working from what I understand.

I can buy them for twenty dollars for both. It they are worth any money I can pay more. Then I can give it all to Curt to pay off my G70 repair.

(See how I turned this into a CRT related post?)

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Clever.

For $20, I'd grab at least one just to play with it, but these are probably 6100/8100/9100 digitals. Not really worth anything, but check eBay.

If you want an outdoor theater, this is the way to go though. Usually the lenses are not included, and they are hellishly expensive. If the lenses come with it, then you can probably sell the lense for $100-200 each.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you posted in spite of my call. He has customers buying them for twenty bucks for both. I decided if they want to tote them down the street to me, I might give them thirty if they had lenses and fired up. I'll let them do all the hard work.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Well, think of it. 3500 lumens X 2 in a stack gives 7000 lumens. Enough to peel unwanted wallpaper off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.