Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I had just got myself a service manual and had been having some problems getting my Data 800 to sync up properly to my HTPC at 48HZ 1280 X 720. Like an idiot I transposed the position of the cards and wouldn't you know it....I was adjusting the wrong pots. Now I have a unstable picture that has way too much noise around the edges of the raster line test pattern. It gets increasingly worse the higher scan rate I use. I only have a partial service manual and what I do have is quite simplistic and doesn't seem to help my problem. What I need is some troubleshooting help from someone experienced with this unit. I have previously worked on E Homes and Sonys only. As I said before the symptoms include noticable wavy lines and vertical instability that gets worse as the scan rate increases. I think I have knocked some voltages way out. I am comfortable with a meter but do not have an extension card to access all test points. I'm hoping someone here has dealt with this and can point me in the right direction as to what some of the critical adjustments are. I would be happy to pay for some phone advice as well. This is P*****g me off as I want to get rest of it dialed in. Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Post a pix please. I cannot get an image in my head from what you're describing.

Curt

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Curt,

I will try some pics later tonight. I think it has to do with the oscillator circuit and the P1 and P2 Pot vertical hold. I may have just a bad board but I think not...that I just screwed it up on my own. When I display the test pattern at 15Khz there is a small amount of noise that runs up the raster lines. At 36Khz there is much more noise resulting in "jumpy" or "wavy" test pattern or Genlocked patterns. This jumpiness or noise translates to unstable edges eg. on text it is wavering and appears not sharp because of it. That being said I can still make out the scan lines at 720 even through the instability.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Did you tweak a pot in the power supply? I have seen the odd Barco gice weird wavy lines when the power supply voltages are off. Also, some types of ground loops throw out the projector. Try hooking your scalar/PC directly to the projector with no audio or cablevision hooked up and see if htat cleans it up.

Curt

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curt,

It is in the power supply I think. Do you know what the pots in the EHT module are to be set for. As a matter of fact how about the real function of the EHT? I believe from looking that it supplies voltage to the focus block?

As amaater of fact I was adjusting per the service manual for focus voltage and my pic disappeared. Checked the fuses etc and all lights are on. Nice high voltage crackle but tubes are not lit. Any ideas on how to check or should I send some modules to you??? I noticed the card was not scred in tight so this indicates this has been dealt with before.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Mike

PS Curt did those HV supplies for the ECP work out OK??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.