Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Here we go again.

I am setting up a Barco Graphics 800 and Quadscan Elite and the picture is almost 2½M wide. I using S-Video from Pioneer DV-717 to the Quadscan Elite and 5-Wire RGB to the Barco projector. The Quadscan output is XGA and Brightness 128 and Contrast 16 and the filter is set to out (The best for CRT). The Projector Brightness is 50 and Contrast 44. When I watching AVIA Setup DVD and adjusting the blacklevel the "moving bars" are invisible also when I adjusting White Level. In movies the white is to white and the black/dark areas is total black. When I adjusting AVIA without the Quadscan I can see the moving bars. Any ideas what is going wrong? I have read HenrikM thread about also the same, but he using a Quadscan Pro, and solve the problem with a newere software 2.86, I assume that is't not necessary with the Elite.

minor problems!

How can I store my setting for PAL 4:3 And Pal 16:9 in Barco's

Memory?

What is RED/Blue cut off?

Help!!!!.

Regards,

Lars E. Jørgensen

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Hi. Do a search under the processor threads and you will find lots of posts re blacklevels and the QS. The Elite should have the software which allows the unit to pass blacker than black, a necessary prerequisite to using black bars to set black level. Now go to your projector and set brightness and contrast to their mid levels. Now go to the QS. The QS default settings are IMHO intended to be used with a bulb (ugh) projector. Those beasts are considerable brighter (more lumens if you will as distinguished from the brightness control) than your CRT projector. So the contrast level on the QS will need to be raised considerably. Viola you will now start to see the moving bars on the Avia Disk. Set contrast and brightness using the QS controls and then fine tune the settings using your projector controls. The idea here is to keep the projector controls near their mid levels. This procedure works for me. Others may arque with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's didn't seems to help much. I have noticed that if I switch between different output mode, I get a lot for details in the picture, but a few seconds later they fade away. Fx. In the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan" (PAL) the old man walk along the beach I cannot the the ocean, if I switch output signal then the ocean become visible but only to fade away.

Lars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.