Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum,

I bought a great low hour Barco Graphics 800 back in 99. About 2-3 yrs ago I had what I now understand was a spot kill problem. Over the course of a few weeks spot burns appeared on my crts, which otherwise were very clean with about 5300 hrs. At the time, I remember the fix being very expensive because of the few good used crts and the high price of new ones.

So I packed it up in hopes that in the future, a fix would be cheaper. I now have the fever again, and have pulled it out.

I now see that it's possible these tubes can be rebuilt and I also found in the postings a fix for the spot issue.

My question to the experts here is what are my options these days? I need to buy three tubes (new, used or rebuilt) , and instructions on how to fix the spot kill problem.

I thank you in advance for your help.

Scott in Raleigh/Durham NC

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Spots during shutdown can happy for any number of reasons but the most popular is probably bad solder joints on the two transformers on the

power supply board. There's no "one reason" or "one fix" that you can apply.

Does it spot every time you turn it off now?

If yes, resolder everything heavy on the power supply and see if that fixes the spots at shutdown.

Whatever you do: Fix the spot problem before replacing the tubes!

Kal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.