Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all there.

My Barco Graphics800 just died yesterday.I lefted it in pause mode and after when I came back it had swithed off.The standby led is light and the processors cycles lamp is flashing.When I try to start it I can hear a little little noise from a card trying to start something.I even noticed one yellow led is flashing very weak when I atempt to start it.Thats all it do.I have pulled out the power cable.even all cards but nothing helpt.Its still the same.What can have happend

Thanks Hasse :confused:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Is it a clicking noise from around the PSU?

Nicholas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeas it is but its very low,you must have to be very near to hear it.I have looked on all fuses and they are ok.

Hasse

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hasse,

The first thing I would do is pull the SMPS power supply and get a light and magnifying glass and check the solder joints where the two big transformers are mounted. I've recently seen two BG800 power supplies with cold solder joints (that occur over time) and resoldering them fixed both supplies.

Mark

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
The person who bought my old BG800 had the same problem. He injuried

it while lifting it to push something underneath. The other person wasn't

very strong(!), and it almost feel down on one side. When he tried to

power it up, it made that noise. Somehow he manages to power by

pressing the main power button(on the back) very slowly...Several times!

Oh yeah, by the way. Do you know if it's been resoldered? Several of the

800 series had this problem

Nicholas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a look on the power supply but I could not determe if something is broken on it.And yeas its been resoldered.I have bought it from a crt tech

Hasse

·
Registered
548 Posts
I would check the caps on the SMPS. They sometimes short and that can cause that problem. I would take an ohm-meter to them (in circuit is ok).

Good luck!

Garrick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Projector is working again It was the power supply which was causing my trouble I have get one other to try.Thanks for all replies.

Hasse

Thanks to Curt Palme For good support+++++

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.