Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It would be nice if someone could make a "Set up Step By Step" for the Barco Projectors, I think it will answer a lot of questions.

Lars E. Jørgensen

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Lars,

The Installation Menu and Guided Setup in the Barco menus do this for you almost. What part of Menus do you not understand?

Mike

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi Mike,

I think he means a total rundown of tips and tricks. Many things I have learned in the past two weeks have been from speaking to Curt, Kal, reading and trial and Error.

The learning curve is there.............

While I am close, it appears that my blue tube will not focus on the edges.

clopez

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Yeah, the installation manual isn't the clearest, nor does it give the reasons why you'd want to do some of the things it shows you. Like I have no idea why I would want to manipulate the memories. Why would I want to Delete a memory or copy a memory? And although its detailed in the installation manual, I couldn't figure out the force negative synch thing? Why would I want to do such a thing? I had to switch the thing to get it to synch up to anything, but I don't know why its like that?

And how do I get rid of the green cast to my picture? The digital controls only affect the red and blue? I've tried turning them up to cover the green, but to no effect. Any one know the why's of a Barco?

And another thing, no one tells you that the scan inversion swithches are on the Mother board UNDER the boards you have to pull out to see the switches, I pulled the boards several times and looked AT THEM several times before I realized where the switches were located.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I've seen a few (very long & winded) step-by-steps on tawforum.com. Check out the "Used Barco & Electrohome" forum there. You can't post, but it's still around for reference purposes.

I find it's an interative process: You read things through and try things out many times over... every time you learn something new, and things become just a bit clearer.

Writing a complete 'how to' step by step guide would be an enormous amount of work as you'd have to presume that you're writing the thing for a complete beginner & explain absolutely EVERYTHING. Every single possibly problem would have to be documented with solutions given.

The manuals are a great place to start. If some of the concepts aren't understood, then ask away!

"And how do I get rid of the green cast to my picture? The digital controls only affect the red and blue? I've tried turning them up to cover the green, but to no effect."

Have you adjusted G2 properly for all 3 guns? If the G2 setting for the green gun is too high, you'll have a green push in the image.

"And another thing, no one tells you that the scan inversion swithches are on the Mother board UNDER the boards you have to pull out to see the switches, I pulled the boards several times and looked AT THEM several times before I realized where the switches were located."

This is in the installation manual I believe! :)

As for the other questions:

I've never moved memory slots around either: I simply switch to the scan rate I want to use and do a complete setup. It gets saved automatically. Maybe copying is useful if you want to try out something new but want to keep a backup of your original settings?

Negative sync: Many Barco's require negative sync to work. Why this is, who knows! You simply have to make sure your source(s) can supply negative sync, or build/buy a sync inverter box to do it.

Kal

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I agree the memory stuff is confusing. Copy and delete memory are used most of the time if you change aspect ratios. I am at work right now but I will try to put something together about using memory and post it.

Mike

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Whoo! the manual is almost 70 megs this is a job for a broadband connection.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.