AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a "normal projection configuration" and an "ON AXIS projection configuration".

·
Registered
968 Posts
I always thought "on axis" meant the lenses were pointing straight at the screen such that they are perpendicular to the screen, but I've wondered myself....

Mark

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kal, it is orinted in the service manual for the Barco 1209s. There is a jumper on the Sync+Vertical Deflection board (J400) that needs to be removed for ON AXIS PROJECTION. There is no explanation in the manual between normal and on axis projection. My 1209 is ceiling mounted; however; the ceiling in my media room is similar to a cathedral ceiling so I have a rod extension. To make a long story short my projector is tilted down at a 15 degree angle in order to hit my screen. Would this be considerd "normal" or "on axis" projection. I still have the jumper on the board and if this set up is considerd ON AXIS then I need to remove the jumper (J400). Does anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
My guess is with Mark's explanation where the PJ's essentially installed with zero keystone adjustment. (Really only possible if you're doing a rear-projection setup as the PJ needs to be exactly half way up the screen with it's butt titled into the air).

Have you tried changing the jumper? Turn the PJ off and try it and let us know! I'm curious!

Kal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.