AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is a little off-topic, it doesn't seem to fit in anywhere.

Does anyone know of a link where I can download a copy of the users manual for a Barco RCVDS 05 CRT remote switcher?

I have searched the internet for one, but have had no success. I have also tried contacting Barco via email and through their CRT forum, but they are not replying to email, nor are they updating their forum.

Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I am fairly certain it is on barco's site. I don't have time to look though as I'm headed out the door.

I think I downloaded it last week, if you can't find it I'll get back to you later.

Troy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had tried the Barco website, and couldn't see it anywhere. They have the product brochure available for download on the RCVDS 05 product page, but that is too general, and doesn't give the depth of information that I am looking for. I even tried their FTP server and there doesn't seem to be very much at all there.

I may however have missed it, so if you have a link that would be much appreciated. Alternatively, if you have the manual already and are able to email it to me that would be even better.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to bump this, but I would still really appreciate a link to a Barco RCVDS 05 Users Manual, if anyone has one they could point out to me. I still haven't managed to source one from anywhere.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would really like to try and get hold of a full manual if poss, as there is practically no info available about this unit anywhere on the internet that might fill in any gaps.

Some of the things that I really could do with knowing include for example:

- Whether you can set the control address of the unit, and how you do it

- What are the limitations re. input signals and output cabling, particulary with regard to modules that could be added to the unit.

- How controls like audio fade which are not mirrors of those on the projector operate.

The unit seems to pretty much work as an extension of the projector in other respects, but factors like those listed above can make a big difference to the useability of it in different kinds of setup.

I notice that you are also in the UK. Do you have a manual that I could get a copy of, or an electronic version that you could pass on?

Thanks

Daniel Clift

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Danielclift,

I got the user manual for the RCVDS05 switchbox - send me your mailadress and I'll mail it to you. It's rather large about 4 Mb.

Regards

Mads, Denmark

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
It turned out all I downloaded was the brochure like you found. I could also use a copy if there's any chance you can email it... [email protected]

Not that I need it but I have the switcher on ebay and it would help to answer questions I am getting and I could pass it to the new owner.

Troy

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mads (MGR)

Thanks for your kind offer. I have pm'ed my email address to you to send the manual to me.

danielclift

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
If anyone happens to find any info on the Barco RCVDS 400 S-QUAD switcher when they're digging around in their manuals, I'd like to get some of that myself as I have one of those.

I was able to get the diagram for the adapter plug that allows it to be used as a standalone unit, but there's a lot more I want to know about it, such as, will it pass a line doubled signal? I'd like it to be the last stop in my signal chain before going to the projector, so if it'll take a doubled signal, that's good.

I've tried but so far haven't been able to make it work on anything but a regular NTSC signal.

CJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.