AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Barco RCVDS 400 to be used with an HTPC system and a Sony 1292. The unit has 9 RGB/s analog input boards, 1 video/audio input board and 1 output board and power board.

I connected the switcher in series between the HTPC and the projector (i.e. RGB H+V input and RGB H+V output) and.....nothing!

I then tried sending the H and V directly to the PJ while only sending the RGB to the switcher. Still Nothing! Thirdly, I tried feeding a video signal from my cable box using video in and video out. Still nothing! Now, the switcher IS turned on, I can see the LED Bars being on and moving as the Contrast, Bright, Color, Tint and Sharpness are adjusted.

Here is my question

Can a Barco RCVDS 400 be used in conjunction with a Sony 1292?

Thanks

Renato

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's been awhile since i've used that switcher, but i seem to remember that the control cable from the switcher had to be plugged into the projector in order to achieve an image.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Rikdog is right

this is a controller for the 400 and 600 series Barco projectors.

Wayne

·
Registered
398 Posts
Renato,

I have had 2 RCVDS 400s. They do work as standalone switchers and should function correctly when connected exactly as you have described.

Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your replies. Mike, I guess I am the proud owner of a "lemon"! Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the unit?

Thanks

Renato

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've talked with several guys who use these. No one has ever reported a problem.

If it was shipped recently, you might try opening the case and removing/reseating the cards. Other than that, I don't know. They are usually cheap on Ebay if you need another.

Mike

·
Registered
383 Posts
If they have worked like mike says then try this

Make sure the toggle switches on the back are on "slow sync"

And there is one that is also for sync on green-maybe that needs to be off-or on

There are a series of buttons on the front of the unit marked 0-9 and they are for the board inputs-make sure the board you have plugged into is the number you have displayed on the front.(try pushing all the buttons)

:D

cheers

Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.