AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking to my office today from an underground parking garage when out of the corner of my eye I spotted this lcd monitor hanging on the wall via a tilt mount. It was displaying news and advertising. The images were pretty bright and clear. I took a look at the back from the right side and noted a myriad of connection options. A quick check on their website confirmed the connection types and the optional availability of an onboard compact pc. Anyone own this unit or had any experience with it? If the price was right it might make a nice addition to the bedroom. I plan on taking a better look on Monday to see if they are displaying any moving images.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Easy to find info on the unit except for price. Obviously aimed at industrial (signage) application, but the LC40-S comes with CVBS, component and S-video inputs. Also can optionally have SDI-HD, what the heck is that ??

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by quadad
Also can optionally have SDI-HD, what the heck is that ??
HD SDI

Shorthand for High Definition Serial Digital Interface or commonly referring to a 1.5Gb/sec SMPTE 292M Interface of High Definition 1080 Interlaced Component Digital signal.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Mark, where is this used ? I can't recall seeing it listed on any of the other LCDs I have seen specs for (and that's a lot !).

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by quadad
Thanks Mark, where is this used ? I can't recall seeing it listed on any of the other LCDs I have seen specs for (and that's a lot !).
I think broadcasters use it in studios but not something we have access to

I bet the Barco panel is expensive!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a web site that had the list price for this panel as $19,355 australian. That's gotta be around $14,000-$15,000US. Too rich for my blood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.