Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My barco vision 1600 just arrived today dam its huge!!!

I got it cheap because it is having probs and i thought i could fix it :)

What happens is it wont fire up at all unless the blue tube is unpluged i am think something might be shorted out with the HV cables that connect to the tube. Is it possible to swap tubes around even just to try plugging the blue tube into the red.

I have heard that the tubes in these models do fail but im hopping that this isnt the case as none of the tube are showing any sign of burn of wear at all.

thanks

Brad

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Bad news, the blue tube is shorted. I'm looking for two as well... Is this the one on eBay? THe seller told me that one of the tubes was shorted, but did not admit it in the ad.

Curt

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i got it from ebay but i new the tube wasnt working and i thought i would need a replacement one. It was from Ebay in Australia.

Do you think its worth buying one from projector specs i think they are around 1500.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Nope. A good price from projectorspecs, but the set won't get you more than about $1K USD overall.

Curt

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had the 1600 projector going with the red and green only and i like the picture i think it will be worth getting the new tube

And im in Australia and good crt pjs especialy 9 inch ones are hard to find

Also i think that the colant might need replacing what do i use for this

Cheers

Brad

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
If you check other threads on Barco 1000, 1001, 1500 dn 1600, you'll see the BArco tubes are notorious for imploding due (IMHO) to excessive HV driving these tubes. THey couldn't handle it, so they die at random. I'd hate for you to buy a blue tube only to have the red or green die...

Hey, if you want, I will sell you one of the 1001's I have (same boards as the 1600 I think) for $400.00 plus shipping. A good red and green tube and and lenses plus a full spare set of bpards. In fact, I'll do that with both of the 1000's I have..;-)

Curt

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah temptnig as it is (I love collectiong crap even if it doesnt work) I might just have to give up on the 1600 and try to sell it to one of my mates as is

but i might have to go through your list and get a few cheaper Projectors that work.

Im own a Home Theater shop and im trying to sell second hand crt's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.