Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I wasnt sure weather to post this in the CRT section or the HTPC section.

I have a barco vision 700 it is similar to a 1031 in that it scans to around 33khz.

I have been having probs getting dvds playing on it as the image always starts flashing. So i am trying to get it working from my pc

It will work fine from a composite tv out although i couldnt try dvd's on it.

I recently got a vga-5bnc cable and now i cant get it to work at all

i am using powerstrip andive been trying to find a res that will work but i never get any luck and if i do there seems to be holes in the picture and in the convergence grid but when i go back to an internal signal to converge the holes go

also the picture is very dark and the colours arent right as in the blue is only scanning half way up the screen ect.

Anyone have any idea or know what kind of res is a standard HD signal

Cheers

Brad

·
Registered
449 Posts
hi,Demunita

you need a transcoder to convert the RGBHV signal to RGBS,so the BARCO 700 can accept,i had own barco 700,too!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm not sure how similar the vision 700 and the data 701s are but you may want to check out the "barco data 701s with HTPC" thread as it deals with what could be the same issues. If your PC's graphics card can change sync/polarity you may get by without the external box.

-

Chris

·
Registered
449 Posts
the barco vision 700 i had only support RGBS or RG(s)B input,so you need a transcoder,and i have use it to connect the PC,and it can do the max resolution to 800x600 60HZ,but my CRT OUT was upgrade to DATA701's.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I own a BarcoVision 700 right now and it's working perfect with a T-piece combining the H an V-sync-signal and connecting it to the S-input, plus the use of Powerstrip to get negative sync-signals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers im going to try the t piece and swapping the sync to negative

cheers everyone

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IT works

Thanks heaps guys !!!

now can anyone explain whythe syncs have to be turned to negative ? is this for all projectors or just this barco.

just want to understand how it all works before i go up to a larger more expensive unit.

cheers

Brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.