AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please I need some help abouit the "real" diffrences between the BARCO CRT 808 s and the new BARCO CINE 8 ?

please help me !

alsi

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi Alsi

I would say that there is effectively no difference between the 808 and the Cine 8.

Cine 8 has horizontal RGB bandwith to 120 mhz, 808 - 110 mhz

Cine 8 has vertical RGB bandwidth 37 - 210, 808 - 37 - 200

These differences are inconsequential IMO.

Barco may argue that you are getting a more recent model, with refined internal electronics and perhaps upgraded components.

And don't forget the Cine 8 is painted that cool silver colour!

I suspect that the differences are largely in the cosmetics and marketing of the projector.

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I think too, but some people in belgium or france used to say that are diffrences, but no one can confirm them ! i am still waiting for thoses differences ....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hello Asmirad

Also the software is different for more memories per input

And the lenses have colorfiltring on green and red

Rob

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi Rob

According to the Barco Cine brochure I have, colour filtering is specified only on the Cine 7.

Not the Cine 6 or Cine 8

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most of the differences are indeed marketing based but there are a number of fundamental changes to the Cine 8 over the BG808s

The power supply is powerfactor corrected (it will autoselect 120/240 volts)

The R&G lenses are colour filtered.

The remote changes to RC5 from PPM format (Red led remotes won't work)

The bandwidth of the component input is increased.

RCE detection is incorporated.

Gold plated input connectors

It is painted that funky silver colour that is sctrached by flies landing on it.

Up until recently they used the same tube Sony 07MFP2. But there is a rumour that this will or has changed very recently

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Also, the Cine8 is Color Corrected and Color Filtered where the 808 is only Color Filtered.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
"Also, the Cine8 is Color Corrected and Color Filtered where the 808 is only Color Filtered."

The 808 and 808s has no color-filtering, but has color-corrected optics. The later versions of the Cine8 also add color-filtering.

Per Johnny

·
Registered
85 Posts
Look also at "Kenny Filters" thread to add color filtering to BG808 (with Panasonic-MEC tubes).

Stefno

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My mistake Per Johnny, you are right :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.