AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a projector to project onto a sunshade at the back of my house. Since it will only be used minimally for night time entertainment, I don't need anything fancy... just the following requirements
  • It must be HD (component input from Crestron system)
  • It needs to have good keystoning/lens shift since it will be projecting at a 30 degree angle
  • It needs good zoom since it will be projecting onto a 10X8 screen from a distance of 25 feet

Can anyone recommend an affordable solution? I had planned on the Pany AE700, but that may be overkill for this application.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Welllll... you could certainly look at the older generation, specifically the Z2. It had lens shift (the Panny 500 did not). I'm not sure how the zoom would fit your application.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet
Welllll... you could certainly look at the older generation, specifically the Z2. It had lens shift (the Panny 500 did not). I'm not sure how the zoom would fit your application.
Thanks for the suggestion. After reviewing the specs on the Sanyo PLV-Z2, however, the zoom is only 1:1.3 ratio... and the max throw distance is 20'. I don't think this would work for me.

Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
You're not going to find a 720p with a throw range greater than that and lens shift for less than the AE700.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.