AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody... I have been reading about the Nec LT150 all weekend, and I just found a rock bottom price on a US website... 2272USD (infinity-micro).

What I cannot understand is how in UK they can charge 2500£ for it (aproximately 3750$).

The search continues for the lowest price... anyone under 2000$?

ehehe

By the way, keep up the good work guys, you are amazing.. have done no work for 2 days now after I have found your site... very addicting!

------------------

;) DVDSlave ;(

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
If youre using HTPC then you don't need the vortex thing so you could go for a clone or even an original (the LT150 is a clone). A few days ago I bought a Plus U3 1080 for £1775 + vat. If you are interested I can email you the details.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
That question might get a better response at the HTPC section. For example, you are possibly by-passing someone who might have the info, but uses an RPTV as a display, and doesn't read the digital projector section.

The short answer is that DScaler is the most popular program to use as a line doubler (it does more than line double), and I think it works with PAL.

A search for dscalar, PAL, and/or AIW in the HTPC forum might get you an answer right away.

I am about to get DScalar set up myself, so that is about all I know, yet.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased mine last Wed. 10/3 for $2275 (US) plus $24 for shipping and recieved it on Friday about 3:00pm.

True story...

I was planning on going out of town over the weekend(family get together) and my sister said bring it along so I did and also grabed some DVDs as I was heading out the door. We had a nice weekend and at night(late Fri/Sat) we watched DVD's via my laptop on the white wall of the hotel room.

The picture was about 9 ft wide and was really great. I didn't see any rainbows but could have used blackouts. Since I just got it I hadn't even tried any adjustments so it was right out of the box cool!!!!

My Sister couldn't believe it was such a small projector. All the family wants to come over when the HT is ready.

I constructing my HT in the basement and haven't ordered a screen yet. Looked in the closet today but I don't have a white sheet.

Does any one have a high quality white sheet they don't need for holloween!! hehe!!

I'll give updated later!!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can buy from the US, don't get me wrong (good friend of mine lives in NY). What I am not sure of is if the warranty is US or International.. that will have an impact on my purchasing decision.

------------------

;) DVDSlave ;(

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think I remember some comments about Infinity Micro recently. You may want to search this forum, and possibly some other sites for info on that company. If I am remembering correctly, you might want to read them.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoa, good memory... I found the posts you were talking about... I'll stay away from it!

Thanx

On a different note, I am thinking of using my HTPC (Radeon All in One Wonder) for DVD and Cable playback.

Do I need a line doubler for the PAL material?

------------------

;) DVDSlave ;(

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the precious advices.

I guess I need to do some more reading, and find out if the LT150 warranty covers Europe as well.

------------------

;) DVDSlave ;(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.