AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
onsale.com has a great price for this 1TB drive....I have ordered 2 more...this will give me 8 TBs in my house

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/15486595

onsale.com has a great price for this 1TB drive....I have ordered 2 more...this will give me 8 TBs in my house

sweeet

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Newegg also sells this for the same price, free shipping.

They sell the 1.5 TB model for slightly more at $130.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehdi /forum/post/15487046

Newegg also sells this for the same price, free shipping.

They sell the 1.5 TB model for slightly more at $130.

is there any reason not to spend the extra $20 for an extra 500GB? Performance issues?

·
Banned
2,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhorwitz /forum/post/15487126

is there any reason not to spend the extra $20 for an extra 500GB? Performance issues?

ummmmm, no. Works great! Great storage for media and blu ray rips, iso's etc...

Have a couple hooked up to my popcorn hour.

Best,

chris

·
Premium Member
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhorwitz /forum/post/15487126

I agree with Chris. I happen to have two and they've been working fine so far for the past couple of months. At that price, the 1.5TB model is a much better deal.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been eager to get a 1.5, but the Newegg reviews scare the heck out of me. It sounds like about 25% of the drives fail in the first couple of weeks.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakJob /forum/post/15498714

I've been eager to get a 1.5, but the Newegg reviews scare the heck out of me. It sounds like about 25% of the drives fail in the first couple of weeks.

ummmmmm, no. How many people do you think post POSITIVE things? Almost everyone who has a bad one posts about it, but the majority of people don't post their positive impressions.

Best,

Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:
ummmmmm, no. How many people do you think post POSITIVE things?

Look at it compared to the other drives. 23% rated it 1 star. Most other drives with a lot of reviews only have around 5-10% 1 star ratings. It's at least 2-2.5 times less reliable.

That being said, at this price, I still might try one.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon /forum/post/15505229

I bought 30 drives like this last December.

12 "died"

FUBAR.

My recommendation. Skip it.

45tb of space !!!!!!!!!!!!! and I thought I was bad at 17tb.

what the heck are you storing on there !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:

Yeah, for me the 1.5TB drives have failed...Im sticking with 1TB for now because I have better luck. Heck, the 1TB use to have issues and I stuck with 500GB then.

Its a better deal but I will wait until I hear more sucess stories.

NOTE: ALL these drives run hot and if we do not keep them in a cool environment they will not survive.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
the hitachi 1TB is only $80 after rebate. Better deal IMO.

UM....CREATE A FREAKING THREAD FOR IT!!!!

If its a great deal, create a thread for it...that is why we pay money to get this forum and people should use it properly. Posting it in my thread is USELESS.

2009 the year of intelligence

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah, probably a bit harsh treatment for someone trying to help. A new post would be more convenient, but I don't think many people passed over this thread because it was for a Barracuda and not a Hitachi drive. This thread is one place on the site that truly does pay you for your membership, although the other information is obviously invaluable, so bashing someone that's trying to help is pretty crazy.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/15522103

45tb of space !!!!!!!!!!!!! and I thought I was bad at 17tb.

what the heck are you storing on there !!!!!!!!!

Its only Blu-ray and HD DVD image. No critical data. This is for streaming purposes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts