Sony HAP-Z1 ES server.
Sonos zp90
sirius satellite
belkin conditioner
jvc turntable

·
Registered
635 Posts
The good thing about your setup is that you have very good equipment. The bad: you have good equipment. Which equals to a very low desire to do any upgrades. Poor happy sole... no upgrade addiction.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 /forum/post/17471357

The good thing about your setup is that you have very good equipment. The bad: you have good equipment. Which equals to a very low desire to do any upgrades. Poor happy sole... no upgrade addiction.

I bought my first "surround sound" setup about 15 years ago. It was a dolby pro logic receiver with 5 mismatched speakers. I am pretty well set for now. I may get a new sub in the near future.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
How do you like your svs sub? I looked into getting one years ago when i bought started putting mine together, however they were a little out of my price range.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by premiertrussman /forum/post/17515771

How do you like your svs sub? I looked into getting one years ago when i bought started putting mine together, however they were a little out of my price range.

I got mine used. I am very happy with the price/performance of the sub.

I would not hesitate to get another svs.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Added a phoenix up front.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Awesome equipment, looks a like a nice place to entertain; movies and sporting events.

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
Nice setup.

What beer is in the kegulator?

Mike

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I don't have a keg right now. I do have Rolling Rock and Corona in bottles though. I wanted to create a place that was relaxed hang out with friends and family. I'm glad I went with the bar stools for a second row. They are comfortable and can be moved around easily enough.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstansbu /forum/post/17592159

Love your set up man! Nice work. I bet it sounds great.

Thanks. It does fill the room with sound, that's for sure. It does well with music too. I was into audio equipment long before there was such a ting as ht. I'm glad I went big with all the speakers. There is a total of 26 6.5 inch drivers in the room along with 13 tweeters, 3 stand alone subs and the built in subs it the front l/r speakers. As a friend of mine used to say, "pushing some wattage in the cottage."

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvGeek07 /forum/post/17593916

Hey man,nice setup. but looks like some one needs to do a little bit of wire management

I hear ya. I have worked on the wiring in the theater area itself since those pics were taken. The rack is in an unfinished area out of sight. But, I know it still needs to be straightened out. I'm on vaca the week of christmas so may be then....

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hello G_Bartman.

First off, I'm insanely jealous of the the Mc and Rotel amps!
Excellent gear dude! Not to mention the Epik Earthquake Sub! Geez!

Now, being the A/V configuration nut that I am, have a question for you.

The Onkyo AVR805, a strong AVR indeed, has 3 HDMI and 3 component video inputs. What role does the Monoprice HDMI switcher and Component Video switcher play in the system configuration?

Great setup!

Regards.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. I have the blu-ray, hd-dvd, xbox, uverse and oppo all hooked up via hdmi. 5 devices, 3 inputs. I use the other switch box for sirius and the ipod.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/17602923

Thanks. I have the blu-ray, hd-dvd, xbox, uverse and oppo all hooked up via hdmi. 5 devices, 3 inputs. I use the other switch box for sirius and the ipod.

Thanks for the reply. But what about hi-rez audio via HDMI? Is the Monoprice switcher v1.3 and does it allow passthru of DTS-HD/MA and Dolby TrueHD? Or are you using Optical and/or coax digital for audio for core DD and DTS? Or better yet, are you using 7.1 multi-channel for either the Bluray player or the HDDVD player? Please forgive the curiousity? Your setup is very interesting to me.

3 subs! That's just insane g_bartman!
Your SPL must be REEEEEdiculous!

Regards.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/17603091

Thanks for the reply. But what about hi-rez audio via HDMI? Is the Monoprice switcher v1.3 and does it allow passthru of DTS-HD/MA and Dolby TrueHD? Or are you using Optical and/or coax digital for audio for core DD and DTS? Or better yet, are you using 7.1 multi-channel for either the Bluray player or the HDDVD player? Please forgive the curiousity? Your setup is very interesting to me.

3 subs! That's just insane g_bartman!
Your SPL must be REEEEEdiculous!

Regards.

That is a v1.3 switch box that does allow pass through of the new codecs. I use the 7.1 multi from the oppo to the onkyo for sacd/dvd-audio. The epik sub is the newest piece of the ever growing puzzle. I am hearing some low notes in music at insane levels. I mean I heard them before, now I feel them too.

·
Registered
18,485 Posts
Very nice, Bartman!
Good to see the Mac represented.
I'm ready to go behind your bar, grab that bottle of Sapphire and make us a couple of gin & tonics.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did a little editing. I will straighten out the wiring in the eq rack. One good thing about having it in the utility room, I can take my time with the wire management.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts