AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some base trapps to help with standing waves, I wonder if you can make some with 10in pvc pipe stuffed with insulation & covered with cloth? thanks

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I doubt that would work. I've seen a site before on a DIY bass trap before, but don't recall where the site was. I think the link to it was in an AVS thread. Pretty much it was plywood disks on the top and bottom, chicken wire cylinder wall wrapped in pink insulation (hollow inside) and then covered in burlap (or GOM or speaker cloth). It's diameter was like 2 feet.

I saw another site that said you could just buy the insulation rolls, stack 2 or 3 of them (with plastic cover still on if you don't care) and covered in fabric.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
As Toxarch said above, I used R13 insulation rolls with the plastic still on and stacked 4-5 rolls in each corner. That's approx $80 for two traps and it works pretty darned well. My screen is 36" from my wall and has curtains on each side. I used panels to treat the entire front wall and the side walls out 36" to the screen.

jeff

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ethan, I am at work right now but can't wait to get a chance to sit down and read this article!

Accoustics is exactly the stage where I am at in building my theater. My theater is up and running but now I want to start working on acoustics and decor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.