AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new DirectTV owner and I have a question maybe someone here can answer since I can't get anywhere with customer service.

Since I've had the dish installed, I have not been able to watch a Mets game (no snickers please) on MSG even though I have the premier package. When I tune in to MSG I get the call customer service ext 721 message on the blank screen.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? I do have the NY market locals installed.

Steve

·
Registered
936 Posts
You have to live in the New York Area in order to get the Mets on MSG. If you live outside New York you need the MLB Extra Innings Package. If you live inside New York, I don't know what the problem is, you should be getting the games,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the New York area. One tech support guy at Directv said that I had to schedule a service call to have the h-cards replaced, when he transferred me to make the appointment that operator had me do the reboot thing and then brushed me off saying that the game was blacked out for me?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nypsn
I am in the New York area. One tech support guy at Directv said that I had to schedule a service call to have the h-cards replaced, when he transferred me to make the appointment that operator had me do the reboot thing and then brushed me off saying that the game was blacked out for me?
i don't know about the cards? sounds plausible.

as for the operators, they are unreliable and often wrong, just have to call back until you get what you want.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm not a tech support expert, but that sounds like BS! If anything, all they have to do is hit your card, not replace it.

More than likely, it has to do with your address, like hpierce said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.