AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but the "search" function didn't yield much info.

Does any company make some sort of wire channel that is designed to look like BaseBoard? I just need to manage the wires a little so that the kids and cat don't get tangled up in them. I know someone posted a link on one of the various websites I visit, but that was last year and I can't remember.

TIA

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,577 Posts
Don't overlook the opportunity to create your own.

You could cut some grooves in the back of standard baseboard moulding (several passes with a table saw)

Or, fasten two strips of 1/4 inch thick wood on the wall at the high and low edges of where the moulding will go leaving a gap between, fasten wire in gap and then cover with the baseboard molding.

You can caulk and paint the moulding and top edge of the strip and you would have to really look pretty carefully to notice the extra thickness.

Or, Mount the baseboard 1/2 inch high, use the gap at the bottom to run wires, then cover the gap with 1/4 round moulding. If you already have carpeting the moulding may already be high enough to tuck the wires beneath.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A/V /forum/post/9480207

Take a look at Wiretracks.
http://www.wiretracks.com/prod-rf.html

I am going to be having installed an in-wall stereo rack and will be presented with the problem of how to run wires through a wall. I would rather not rip open the wall and run the wires through the studs.

Is the wiretracks system suitable for pulling a vertical wire out of a wall, running it along the baseboard and running it back into the wall and up to a wall plate?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.