AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About midnight last night, a huge line of thunderstorms rolled through the area and the tornado sirens started going off. One of my dogs is terrified of thunderstorms so he was highly agitated as well.

So I took the family and the dogs down to the theater in the basement and discovered the joys of my sound isolation efforts. Even without playing any music/TV I couldn't hear the storm any more! The dog calmed down, my wife curled up in one of the Berklines with the baby, and I threw a blanked and some pillows on the floor and we slept down there for the night.

So, if any of you are trying to justify the money for RSIC clips and green glue, here's one more reason to go for it

·
Registered
3,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Wadsworth /forum/post/14163553

About midnight last night, a huge line of thunderstorms rolled through the area and the tornado sirens started going off. One of my dogs is terrified of thunderstorms so he was highly agitated as well.

So I took the family and the dogs down to the theater in the basement and discovered the joys of my sound isolation efforts. Even without playing any music/TV I couldn't hear the storm any more! The dog calmed down, my wife curled up in one of the Berklines with the baby, and I threw a blanked and some pillows on the floor and we slept down there for the night.

So, if any of you are trying to justify the money for RSIC clips and green glue, here's one more reason to go for it

Excellent! I often wondered the same thing just recently when I had to visit my unfinished basement because of the dreaded tornado sirens & the power going out at 1am. So, now I am going to build a home theater/ tornado shelter complete with 5/8" DD, GG & Isolation clips

·
Registered
7,780 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Wadsworth /forum/post/14163553

That's a great post

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Would also have to agree, my dog who is afraid of everything (including the HT room) goes running for the HT room whenever there is a storm... No iso clips though, just stuffed the hell out of the walls and ceiling with insulation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts