AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up guys...just wanted to mention that i know many theaters are in the basement and sometimes you wonder how to keep sound in...there is a special concrete blocke we lay,that the manufacturer says will kill most sound in the 50 hz to 200hz range from escaping thru walls,and is very effective in the higher range as well...just another option to keep that sound in your theater..

brickie

i will get name and website and post it here for you guys..

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Now I see where you got your Nick, Brickie!

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dennis, you are dead on...here in chicago we many times fill wallls with sand when we want to insulate the sound of the mechanical rooms and such in schools,hospitals,and the like.

for me being a union bricklayer by trade i always tend to think in terms of building walls out of masonry instead of conventional framing...they would be stronger,fireproof,and obviuosly can be soundproof.depending on thickness of block you may lose valuable floor space,but the benefits would outweigh that in my opinion...and yes if planned for,ALL electrical and such could be ran EASILY inside of walls...just something for others to consider.

brickie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.