AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! I'm in the process of building my HT in the basement, how can I frame over the windows and what isolation can I use. I searched the forum, no results -please help !

·
Registered
283 Posts
I replaced my small sliding window with glass block, covered it and the entire wall with 3/4" Owens Corning Foamular, then simply framed as if it were never there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I covered my glass block windows with MDF (painted white on the side facing outside) then framed over that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies, for me would be impossible to replace the windows with glass blocks (I have 3 windows), I wonder if anyone just covered the actual windows with something- I leave in British Columbia so the winters are not to harsh- and then framed over, would it be to much moisture in between ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can I just leave the window there and build a wall in front of it, maybe paint it white or something? I don't care what it looks like fromt he outside, because it's under my gas fireplace and you can't see into the hole. Don't ask me why they even put a window there, I have no idea lol...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.