AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey y'all I am new here and I am planning my first projector setup in a smallish appartment, my living room will be 12' X 14' 8" so I expect about 10' throw distance.  I am pretty set on the projecter but I am open for suggestions.  I have a budget of 2000 but would like to but under if possible.

Projector:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044UHJWY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=TGE1QHMTNIEX&coliid=I3TD17RWNHM7M4

I chose this because of lens shift and just over all good reviews.

Reciever:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7X2OV2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=TGE1QHMTNIEX&coliid=IBHAI7JLHN76Y

I do not really have a rhyme or reason for this receiver except it looked nice and has lots of HDMi lol

I will be hooking up a PS3/PS4/XBOX/Cable Box and eventually a media server.

Speakers:

I need help, I do not want to do 5.1 at this time so I would like to stick with a 2.1 or maybe a soundbar.  I really need y'alls input in this area.

Another issue I have yet to figure out is how I am going to get the HDMI from my receiver to the Projector since I cant run it through the wall or ceiling.

I really appreciate the help in advance.

Josh

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Here is what I did in my basement.  Easy to put up and easy to take down.

I have the Epson HC2000 and only painted the wall.  So this is with the windows open in the afternoon.

Well the first picture is with the windows open and the second is with them closed. Captain American stands about 6ft 2in to give you an idea of the screen size.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

I should have added that I have two Hdmi cables, a 3.5 mm cable, RCA cables (video, left, right) running from the projector. My first setup used a Logitech 200 watt 2.1 system (I also have wireless head phones (JVC four pairs) hooked up so as to not bother the rest of the family with my love of base.)  

Later on I added a 5.1 system (Yamaha with Energy speakers and a BIC sub...I burnt up the voice coil on the Energy sub within 2 weeks of purchase...see "love of base".) but the kids and wife still use the Logitech instead of the 5.1 system.  

I am doing a co-workers basement (projector/sound) on Friday and he liked the 2.1 Logitech since he has 5 kids from 2 to 12.  The base is amazing and rocks all three stories of my house which is why I use head phones most of the time.  This might be something you should consider if you are in an apartment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That is pretty awesome, thanks for the input.  Good to know the screen will still be bright with a window.  What kind of paint did you use?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_$100.htm   I followed the directions at the link, but I originally put in on too thick.  Two lite coats work best.  My buddy went with the Denon system for $300 recommended above and is not going to paint (wife said no).  The paint seems to help in a room with light issues.  I used mine for two months without painting on off white walls, so I would suggest trying it before you paint if you have white or off white walls with good paint. 

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

I tried to provide the link but the site would not allow it.  So go to projector central and search screen paint and the item pops up "for under $100".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts