AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ashamed to ask this but I just dont seem to get it where PC's are concerned.

I recently downloaded ZP 300B (I believe) to my hard drive section designated for testing (T). Now comes the time to unzip the file and extract it which I did to my C drive.

How does ZP work after this. I see many folders (some labeled Graph , Filters etc.)but no ICON or start up in the Programs Menu. (Only lists a help file)

As you can see considering myself a newbie is a joke. I have several years of intensive PC training before that happens.

Right now I feel like a DUMMY.

Now I have to dig into the C drive and click on anything that says ZP Application to start it up.

Earlier versions had an ICON.

What am I doing wrong?

Humbly

Rob

:confused:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Go here and get one of the official non-beta releases with an installer first. Then you can overlay the beta versions if you want.

Remember Zoomplayer does not play anything. You need to acquire a commercial DVD player of some sort (or just the codecs if available) before you can do anything with it.

Do a search for ZP, Sonic, ffdshow, WinDVD etc. and read for awhile.

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom,

Stupid question #2. How do you overlay the Beta version with the released version?

I currently have PowerDVD and ATI MM 7.6 DVD players. Im scared of the ATI player cause it seemed to have screwed up my PC in the past (Severe Audio Issues). Although comparing the PQ between ATI and PowerDVD ATI was the hands down winner. I would like to use the Video filter from ATI and the Audio from PowerDVD for now.

By the way any recommendations for a stable DVD player package would be greatly appreciated. I have read a few posts and it seems that the Cineplayer 1.5 filters and TT are very good. But Im trying to do this on the cheap.

Thanks

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.