AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read through many of the FAQ's here. About 6 months ago I got a 65' HD projection set. My family's biggest use of the set is for DVD's, but I did hookup an OTA HD tuner. My wife would like to have the ability to record HD shows (ex: Law & Order, CSI, & Monday Night Football). Ok the Football game was my idea. I've build several PC's over the years and I'm thinking about the following components.

ATI 9700

My HD

P4 2.53

200 Gb HDD (prob WD)

Abit IC7 motherboard

512 memory PC 2700 (Kingston)

Case haven't decided (anything that is quiet and looks like a stereo component)

Any have know of any issues with these components?

The rest of my system: I currently have several Replay TV's hooked up to a home network (100 mb ethernet switch). My main server has 800 Gigs of storage so I plan to drag shows to that system for archiving. The Replays will handle all standard def & Direct TV broadcasts.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My opinion (and only that) I've had better results (luck) with Asus products (mother board.)

I was going to purchase one of the A-tech cases; just couldn't justify the cost. So I got a D-vine 4 case instead. The rest of what you have spec'd should work well. I am using a Fudin 400 watt, power supply, has a 120mm fan, a Zalman heat pipe video card cooler and a Zalman flower cpu cooler. All fans run at

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What ASUS motherboard did you use. I'm using a Asus P4t533 for my server, and a Abit I7 for my game system. They both work fine for me got a discount on the ASUS and it has RAID on the motherboard (almost made up for the extra $$ for the RAMBUS RAM).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tarsosis

What ASUS motherboard did you use.

TUSL2-C with Celery 1.3g processor, I prefer to say a few revs behing the "cutting edge" of things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.